Scotch Porter's reformulated Exfoliating Face Scrub, with Burdock Root, Pomegranate Enzymes and Aloe, is a non-irritating Pomegranate Enzyme-based scrub that gently removes dead skin cells, that trap bacteria and sebum, to brighten complexion and reduce blemishes.
Natural West Coast citrus notes flow into a sultry spice infusion of Vetiver (Bourbon) on a rich blend of exotic wood-resins, like Palo Santo Wood and Alaskan Cedar.
- Top Notes: Lemon, Californian Tangerine, Green leaves, Spicy accord
- Middle Notes: White flowers, Lavandin, Labdanum, Orange flower
- Base Notes: Amber notes, Smokey woods, Musk, Oakmoss
Using a circular motion, massage a small amount over wet face and neck three times a week. Rinse well with warm water. Follow with Scotch Porter's Moisture Defend Face Lotion, or buy as part of Scotch Porter's Face Care Collection.
PRO TIP FROM SCOTCH PORTER:
Exfoliation is not just for your girlfriend or significant other. It has its advantages. Exfoliation should be done up to three times per week, in place of washing with our Restoring Face Wash. (No more than three times per week, as you run the risk of pissing off your skin and triggering breakouts and dryness). Exfoliating is a very important step in achieving great looking skin. It’s the process of sloughing away dead skin cells to reveal fresher, smoother, healthier looking skin.
- Pomegranate Enzymes – We use Pomegranate enzymes as a safe mean of exfoliation. Exfoliation is a very important part of a healthy skin care regimen and serves to remove the outer layer of dead skin cells that traps both bacteria and sebum. Pomegranates contain proteolytic enzymes, which help gently breakdown and digest large proteins that have accumulated on the skin. Our sustainably manufactured Pomegranate Enzyme blend is extracted from the unused residual fruit pulp, along with the intact chaperone proteins. We then ferment the macerated fruit with Lactobacillus lactis to make the desired phytochemicals readily available for enhanced benefits.
- Aloe – Aloe has polysaccharides that give hydrating, anti-inflammatory benefits and allow for aloe to help provide a protective barrier on the skin. Aloe also has phytosterols which help to soothe itchiness and irritation while also helps protect to prevent TEWL (trans-epidermal water loss.) Aloe Vera also has bioactive compounds in the plant that are rich in vitamins A, B, C, D and E as well as minerals like magnesium, potassium and zinc. These are all thought to aid in the 'healing' benefits of aloe.
- Burdock Root – Burdock Root has a direct effect on the skin. Active compounds like Arctiin, Lignans, etc. have matrix-stimulating properties, which helps to promote healthier and younger-looking skin. It also has been known to help with blemishes and irritated skin conditions.
SIZE: 118ml | 4oz (2 month supply)
NO Sulfates, Silicones, Petrolatum, Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Phthalates, PEG’s, Animal Ingredients. Not tested on animals. Color Safe.