Whether you’re a seasoned mo grower or new to the game, there is no better time to grow a mo than Movember!
So what is it all about?
It all began in 2003 when two Aussie blokes joked over a beer about bringing the moustache back into fashion.
Inspired by a mate's mum who was fundraising for breast cancer at the time, they and a group of friends came up with the first Movember rule book and found 30 blokes willing to grow a moustache for a charge of $10.
In 2004, Movember was formalised and has since raised huge amounts of money and prompted billions of conversations about men’s health, with more than 5 million supporters worldwide!
By 2030, Movember’s ambition is to:
- Halve the number of deaths from prostate cancer and testicular cancer
- Reduce the rate of male suicides by 25%
- Halve the number of men experiencing serious mental and physical side effects from treatment of prostate cancer or testicular cancer.
How can you get involved?
Grow a Mo
Bushy, wispy, patchy, or wizardly - all moustaches are welcome here so head over to nz.movember.com to sign up and get involved.
Need some inspiration? Take a look at the Movember Moustache Style Guide.
Become a Mo Sister
Ladies, growing a mo might be out of the question (but if you want to try, who are we to stop you)?
You can, however, throw your enthusiasm behind men’s health awareness and get involved either by supporting your mo bros or by signing up to raise funds yourself by:
- Making your move: Challenge yourself and others to run or walk 60 kms over November. That's 60 km for the 60 men we lose per hour across the globe.
- Hosting a Mo-ment: Host a themed morning tea, a costume party, a movie fundraiser… whatever you can think of, anything to bring people together and prompt more conversations about men’s health awareness! Why not add some Boob Butter to the party for boobie prizes (see what we did there??)
Want to know more about what Movember is all about? Visit nz.movember.com/ to find out more and get behind this great cause!